Explore Your Element
This one-day public workshop Explore Your Element (EYE) comprises a unique program with anthropologist and cultural educator Liliana Maria, and multicultural festival director, musician and program designer Sebastian Flynn.
EYE is a valuable opportunity for teams and individuals to explore their own culture and their gifts and talents as well as their innate unconscious biases, to enable them to maximise their potential and participate and connect in a diverse cultural environment.
EYE draws a parallel between cultural and philosophical insights from human history as well as the many current, contemporary sensibilities around cultural intelligence (CQ) – as the necessary ‘seeds of strategy’ from a cultural viewpoint.
What to expect on the day
Sebastian Flynn will lead in the morning with The Culture Compass comprising:
- Identifying Fulfilment
- Fourfold Frameworks of Life (The Seeds of Strategy)
- Jigsaw Puzzle Theory
- Creating a ‘Sphere of Life Bio’
- Recreating Our Culture
- From Clinical to Cultural Wellbeing
- Non-Violent Communication
- Metaphor in Storytelling
Liliana Maria will lead the afternoon session with Cultural Conversations comprising:
- Ethnicity & Culture (Anthropological perspective)
- Neuroscience – Unconscious Bias (The ‘Filing Cabinet’ of Our Unconscious)
- Cognitive Science (The ‘Second Soul’ of Language)
- Social Science – Empathy vs Sympathy
- Compassion and Connection (Einstein on compassion)
Monday, 16th of August 2021
9:30am – 4:30pm
Click the link below to find out more:
Journey of a Refugee
According to UNHCR world figures, there are currently 82.4 Million people who are forcibly displaced worldwide.
What is the difference between an Asylum seeker and a Refugee? (this is a question that we are asked frequently)
We hope to answer this question in this introductory workshop which will provide an understanding of the journey and experiences of people who have come to Australia seeking safety.
This workshop will be delivered by Liliana Maria, an experienced and skilled cultural trainer/educator and storyteller, who has over 5 years experience in the refugee and asylum seeker resettlement sector.
Expand your knowledge on the following topics:
- What causes people to have to flee their home country
- Understanding the experience and journey of a refugee
- Understanding the definition of a refugee vs asylum seeker
- Understanding the refugee resettlement process in a country of resettlement such as Australia
Once you have registered for the workshop we will send through further details and a link to the Zoom session.
We look forward to seeing you on the Tuesday 16th of February.
If you have any further questions please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org